Monday 26 September 2011

Our Neighbourhood - Gariahat, Kolkata

Our home on Dover Lane

Flooding at our front door after a monsoon

Pandal built on Dover Lane in celebration of Durga Puja

The stare with no smile - we get this a lot 
 

No Horn? Yeah right
 

Don't through your junk in my front yard, my front yard, my front yard
Don't through your junk in my front yard
My front yard is full

Notice the guy on the bike with the live chickens hanging upside-down on the bike rack

Sexy car man aka. Shahrukh Khan

ANRI Institute of Diabetes and Hormonal Disorders

There are signs on the bus that indicate where ladies and men should sit
Women on one side, men on the other

We sat on the men's side of the bus

The chickens made a new friend
 

Rice, lentils and potatoes

Vegetables

Fruit!

Street market


Pedestrian traffic control - a man holding a rope

1 comment:

  1. Martyna your post was hilarious, I loved the comment about the stare with no smile, at first I thought you were talking about the blue statue but then I realised it was the man in the photo below it. I've actually heard quite a bit about Shahrukh Khan, one of my high school friends was in love with him, no surprise as he's "simply irresistible." I also love that you sat on the men's side of the bus! Were the signs in English? or did the driver translate? It's noticed the Shahrukh Khan billboard was english, I guess most people understand it there?

    ReplyDelete